Saturday, July 4, 2009

There's no need to dig for apples if you're in the Big Apple


Hi and hello from the Big Apple! (That’s New York… I know you know, I just wanted to say it again… cause I’m in New York…)

Well, Eva told you about BahSton last night eventhough she was very tired from her flight, so serious props to Eva! Not only did she blog but she also drove half the day today AND passed the “What did Colleen, Trish and Nancy name stuff Quiz” She got a 100%!

Big blue? – Check
Little blue? -- Check
Snack attack? – Check
Candy mountain? – Check
Fire burning? – Check
Ting Tings? – Check

To the car!











Our morning started off in Salem, Massachusetts. Very cool! We walked around a bit, took some neato pictures of us in stocks (you know, those things they would put criminals way back when) and also a cool picture of us with a statue of Samantha from Bewitched. Man, I wish I could twitch my nose like she could!




Back to the car!

We were off to Newport, Rhode Island, the infamous site of the sandwich debacle. Where to begin? There aren’t even words. Imagine there are 4 people in a car, all with different turkey sandwich requests. Someone wants mayo only, someone mustard only, someone doesn’t want cheese! There are no knives, only spoons! There were only 3 paper towels and 9 slices of turkey for 4 sandwiches! It was Math, it was English, it was Science! We laughed, we gave each other confused looks until we figuratively peed our pants! How DO you make a sandwich in the shape of a dinosaur?!? Thankfully, we survived said incident and manage to eat lunch before 2:00 p.m and made our way to Banister Wharf to walk off our fantastic lunch. We also happened to see my parked yacht in the wharf, it was nice to see my helicopter parked on top of my yacht. We were going to take it out but you know, it was a gorgeous day for walking.

Back to the car!


Off to Mystic, Connecticut! Have you ever seen Mystic Pizza? Don’t worry, I hadn’t either but I watched it for the purpose of this road trip! We did see Mystic Pizza, it made us all very happy! We walked a little more and then went to the Mystic Sea Port and saw a giant anchor. (*Note* When Colleen says “What a big anchor” do not interpret it as “What a big wanker.”)

Back to the car!



NEW YORK CITY! We rolled into NYC at around 9 o’clock p.m. We scored a snazzy hotel room on 5th Ave with free parking. After we settled in, we took a stroll down to Time Square and Grand Central Station. It was very super duper cool. Eva and I had only been in New York once, so Trish and Colleen were our most excellent tour guides.

Anyhow, we’re old and we’re tired so now it’s bedtime again!

Thank you for reading our blog, we truly appreciate our adoring fans!

xoxoxo
Nancy and the rest of the Road Trip ’09 Crew

P.S. As I typed my blog Colleen touched my arm and said “You’re arms are so soft.” I think we’re getting too close...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chicas! We need a photo of Eva, please! XOX Mom*Star & Ron

    ReplyDelete