Thursday, July 2, 2009

And Then There Were Four

Hi everyone...Eva here...a first-time blogger so bear with me. After 12+ hours of travel, I finally made it to Bostonia where Nancy (aka pants), Trish (aka estrella), and Colleen (aka crack) greeted me at the airport with a welcome sign and crown. It was definitely the best airport welcoming I've ever received.

Pants, estrella, and crack quickly introduced me to road trip essentials: big blue, little blue, candy mountain, snack attack, Ting Tang, and Jill (after several quizzes throughout the day I think I'm finally up to speed)!

Boston was cold and rainy but it felt great (it sure beats 112 degree heat in Phoenix)! We blame that on crackleen who insisted on "testing" out her Canada umbrella in the store before purchasing it. However, crackleen quickly made up for it by scoring us a sweet parking spot in the North End with her rockstar-quality parallel parking skills (thank you crackleen!).

We headed to wagamama (or, as we lovingly refer to it, wag-your-momma) for lunch. DE-LISH Thai food. After lunch, we decided to take a stroll along Freedom Trail, which passes by several historic Boston landmarks and watering holes, on our way to visit the original Cheers set (there are actually a total of 3 Cheers Bars -- 2 in Boston and 1 in London). It wasn't until we were just about to leave Cheers that I discovered that T*Star has NEVER seen an episode of Cheers -- I didn't think that was even possible?! (interestingly enough, she is the only one of us that has visited ALL THREE Cheers bars).

On the way back to the car, I was beginning to fade so we hit up the Starbucks with the big gold tea kettle in front (coffee number 3 for the day I believe?). Still feeling drowsy, I munched on crackberries and sour patch kids on our way to see the green monster. Several rude drivers and a missed exit later, we decided to head to Harvard to walk around instead.

After strolling around Harvard for a bit, we drove over to Fenway stadium -- there is actually a Fenway high school across the street -- how cool is that?!

For dinner, we headed back to Harvard for pizza at Pinnochios (a tiny place with deicious pizza that is crazy cheap) -- the artwork on the wall depicts a ginormous whale eating a slice of pizza.

T*Star here. Evabug just passed out while writing her first blog, so I'm signing off for all of us. If you're traveling for the holiday weekend, travel safely and we can't wait to hear from you when you get back!

XOXO,
T*Star on behalf of Evabug

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July, you Four! Jealous that you're spending it in NYC but know you'll have a blast (ha ha!) - LOVE THE BIG APPLE! Enjoying your blog so much--first thing I do every day!--more photos please! Love, Mom*Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...Wagamama was had? Did you have the number 25 chili chicken ramen, and was it as amazing as I remember? Please, I'd like to hear more about Wagamama.

    ReplyDelete