Saturday, June 27, 2009

One more apple, jogging down the road (music and lyrics for the classic snake game by Emilie Kahle, aged... 6?)

Ok, so I had to make an apple reference, but I don't jog. Well I did, once, but that's a marine corps obstacle course story for another day. Colleen here, here being Washington, DC, where I'm anxiously packing my bags (PASSPORT INCLUDED, CANADA HERE WE COME!!!). Tomorrow morning I fly into Detroit Rock City where after a trip through Hell, (who knew there was a Hell, Michigan?) T*Star and Pants will pick me up. We will be 3/4 complete until Evabug joins us in Boston, and the blogging will really pick up as we'll have almost all road trip roles filled: a driver, a navigator, a cooler digger, and a blogger (cooler digging will have to be multi-tasked, wish us all luck, especially the apples).

I apologize if only half of this makes sense, I'm currently on a caffeine induced, sugar enhanced state of delirium. It's been a roller coaster of a day, between trying to keep my eyes open and mouth mostly closed without slouching (it's much trickier than it looks!). Another story for another day, suffice to picture me with a gaping mouth and still squinty eyes for about 3 pictures before I hope I got the whole *not smiling SOOO big* thing down.

The important thing is that the snack bag is packed up (and the only snack I've been stealing throughout the weekend were the crackberries, soooo impressive for a big eater such as myself), my clothes bag is as little as can be for a rolly suitcase, and my keys are safely in my purse ready to go... as opposed to the last time I wheeled a suitcase out of here (just 36 short hours ago) to find that my keys were living large on my kitchen counter. Thats a good $50 fine for being locked out before office hours :(

That was the past and the Niagara Falls are the future, bring it on!!!
Girls, I'll see you in the morning!!
Evabug, hope Phoenix is treating you well, we're ready and waiting for your arrival now :)
Everyone else, happy trails wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. Following you in our hearts and wishing you all a fun, crazy, wonderful, heartwarming and safe adventure! Hi to Drew, Paula, Amanda and Dozer! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Colleen, did you check your bra for the keys?? Just wondering, I hear that sort of thing happens sometimes. <3 T*Star and Pants

    ReplyDelete